Manufacturers of SMITH Bearing Products
ACCURATE BUSHING COMPANY
443 North Avenue, Garwood, NJ 07027 USA
908-789-1121 / Fax 908-789-9429
Main Job Functions & Responsibilities
The main job functions and responsibilities of a Grinder include the following:
- Know and operate all inner diameter (ID) grinding machines.
- Hold tolerances. Chance diamond, check cycle or adjust set up when tolerance is not holding.
- When grinding job is completed, set up machine for the next job.
- Set gauges on grinding machines.
- Run two grinding machines simultaneously.
- Clean grinding machine daily.
- Clean up work area daily.
- Add water to coolant tanks daily.
- Check oil level for spindle on grinding machine, daily.
- Check hydraulic oil daily.
- Check air pressure on grinding machine daily.
Machines & Gauges Used
Machines: Internal grinder, ID and OD centerless grinders, radius grinder, surface grinder, OD universal grinder, OD cylindrical grinder. Machine brands include Heald, Bryant, Landis, Cincinnati, Van Norman, Blanchard.
Gauges: ID micrometer, air gauge, Sunnen gauge, OD micrometer, dial bore gauge, jaw blocks, plug gauges.
Minimum qualifications: High school education. Up to two years of experience operating machinery in a manufacturing environment. Ability to do simple math (adding, subtracting, decimals). Basic communication skills: reading, speaking and writing. Problem-solving skills, ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment when required. Attention to detail.
Ideal qualifications: Two to five years of prior experience as a grinder. Ability to set all types of gauges, knowledge of specifications for concentricity of tolerances of micro finishes. Knowledge of what type of grinding wheels to use with different types of steel.
Reports to: Grinding Supervisor
**Send all resumes to our Human Resource Department at email@example.com**